Sunday, May 20, 2007

More Uses For Lemon Curd

The lemon curd, reminiscent of the lemon squares that I used to have when I was little (long gone, along with the brownies Granma loved so much I'd have to bring her a large box full every time I'd see her), was still remaining in the fridge. We'd been eating it, little by little, spreading it on the angel food cupcakes and topping off poppyseed cake with it for breakfast.

But the lemon itself was so wonderful and concentrated, what better way to show it off than to make it the main attraction. All it was missing was the skimpy vehicle to hold it. Maybe a nice, crisp, melt-in-your-mouth puff pastry shell.
Which I had every intention of making (out of prepared puff pastry dough of course), but that didn't happen. Whole Foods was sold out and I was not going to let shortening/hydrogenated oil laced puff pastry to suffice. So prebaked filo shells took their place (though I really would have rather made the puff pastry shells in a mini muffin pan ).

Despite that, they were a hit (among all 9 people who have tried it), and needless to say, simple (well, once the easy curd was made).

All you need is some little tart shells, a teaspoon of lemon curd, and a raspberry, and voila. There you have it.

No comments: